Friday, March 9th is Family Advocacy Call-In DayMarch 7th, 2012
NYSARC and CP of NYS have collaborated on March as Family Advocacy Month. The message is simple:
Funding is needed for additional services for people with developmental disabilities in New York State. According to the OPWDD, there is a waiting list across the state of more than 11,000 people. Please ask your assembly member and Senator to add funding for these much needed services.
It has become difficult to coordinate a single statewide Family Advocacy Day. This year, Family Advocacy events will be held throughout the state on different dates. Many types of events will be held throughout March including calls to legislators, letter writing campaigns and emails and visits to their district offices.
We are spreading the word about having families participate in the Alliance of Long Island Agencies “Family Advocacy Call-In Day” on Friday, March 9th, 2012.
- To find your Assembly Member:
- Call 518-455-4100 and ask for public information or
- Click on the link: www.assembly.state.ny.us/mem/
- To Find your State Senator:
- Call 518-455-2800 and ask for public information or
- Click on the link: www.nysenate.gov
- 1. Family members need to call their representatives
- 2. State their name and address
- 3. Read the message above or make a similar plea for additional services